Sunday, August 9, 2009

August 9th, 2009: Welcome to the 3rd (last!) Trimester!

Today we hit the 27 week mark and got back from our trip to Seattle to see my parents (aka Nonni and Grumps). We had a lovely trip and they have already gotten hard to work on spoiling their newest grand daughter! We spent most of the time eating (http://www.siprestaurant.com/ 3 nights in a row!) and shopping. We went to Gig Harbor, McChord AFB, and Olympia. We left with a duffle bag (literally!) full of goodies, including clothes, stuffed animals, bottles, a breast pump, and so on.

I'm still feeling good and getting around pretty well. I had a doctor's appointment right before we left at VHC on August 6th with Karen King (the midwife). She was okay, but not in our top three (we love Drs. Crowther, Rossi, and Masel). It was a pretty quick appointment -- just long enough for them to weigh me in (!!!) and hear the heart beat. The doctor suggested that I cut back on sweets to make sure my weight gain doesn't maintain the same rate for the next 13 weeks, so I guess the party is over! No more georgetown cupcakes for me! The doctor also said that my measurements are good though and I'm "hiding her" well. I seem to be carrying her sideways most of the time, so I guess for 6 months I'm not sticking out too badly. I have to get my glucose screen next week and go back to see Dr. Masel in two weeks for a checkup and have to get my shot for being rh negative.

My feet are swelling just a little bit when I travel and the baby is definitely moving around a lot. Otherwise, not too much has changed now that we're officially in the last trimester. Hopefully we will spend most of next weekend (and the days in between) getting things done around the house to get ready for her. Paul still has one more stripe and some touch ups to do! Jacy and Joel already have the painting done and the crib assembled so we are definitely behind!

1 comment:

  1. aw man!! no more sweets? I'm afraid to step on the scale next time myself... i have a feeling i will have gained more than enough since my last appt. I have been craving sweet stuff man! Let me know how that glucose test goes and how that stuff tastes! Woohoo! I bet you can't wait!

    Take pics of the stripes! :)

    ReplyDelete