Sunday, August 16, 2009

August 16th, 2009: 28 Weeks

Progress is being made! Paul officially finished all of the stripes and the wood we ordered to replace the carpet upstairs finally came in! Sergio (our fabulous handyman) started the installation this weekend. With the exception of the trim, the floor in the baby's room and the hallway is done and we've cleared out 95% of the stuff from our bedroom to start painting in there. Sergio will then do the floor in there and the stairs. Next on the list is the closet and bathroom attached to the baby's room.

This week hasn't been too bad in terms of pregger symptoms. I worked really long days this week and found that my feet and legs were really swollen by the end of the day on Monday and Tuesday. They gave me a foot rest though to help elevate my feet, which has helped a lot. I was pretty tired this weekend, but it may have just been residual from during the work week. All of the other symptoms have been pretty good - no more heart burn or anything. My hips and back hurt some, but I'm still able to be pretty active as long as I watch my balance. The woman next to me in yoga on Saturday was 39 weeks, so that gives me something to strive for!

Looks like we're pretty well set on having the baby party (in lieu of a traditional shower) at Crush in Baltimore on October 10th. It will be a joint party for Jacy and Joel and us and we're looking forward to the excuse to get everyone together! Look for your invitation in the next 2 or 3 weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Baby Party! And congrats on the flooring! I know that has to be a relief now that it's installed (or mostly installed)

    ReplyDelete