Sunday, August 23, 2009

August 23rd, 2009: 29 Weeks

We had our first biweekly doctor's appointment on Thursday with Dr. Masel, which was just one of three medical encounters this week. I had to get my glucose screening, Rhogam shot, and medical exam for life insurance. The glucose screening involved drinking a cup of syrup (nasty), waiting an hour, and then having my blood drawn. I got the results on Thursday and I'm in the clear. Normal is 135 or below and I was at 88. They did discover, however, that I am slightly anemic. They think it will go back to normal after I give birth but for now I'm taking extra iron supplements. As for the Rhogam, I had to have my blood drawn (again) on Thursday morning before my doctor's appointment. When they drew my blood I heard a hiss and looked down and I had gushed blood! The doctor had to wipe blood off of my arm and the chair -- kind of gross. I then had to go back after my doctor's appointment (after an hour and a half) to get the Rhogam shot. If she's rh positive when she's born, I'll have to get another shot. The doctor's appointment went well. They gave me the results of the glusoce screen and we heard the heartbeat. Nothing else really to report. The measurements are good and the heartbeat is strong. On Friday we had our medical exams for our life insurance and had the pleasure of having my blood drawn for the thrid time in three days! My blood pressure is still really low -- 110/60 in one arm and 110/65 in the other.

On the house front, the hardwood floors are pretty much done upstairs (except for a little bit of trim where we ran out) and both rooms are painted. Now we're going to order some materials to redo the closets and we've been pricing out bathroom renovations. At that point we'll be pretty much done for a while. We went to look at rings today because my fingers are starting to swell enough where it's no longer very comfortable to wear my wedding rings. I have to trade 'em in or prepare to have them cut off!

Hopefully Paul will have a chance to write soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment