Sunday, January 31, 2010

Week 12: Snowed in

This week was my last week of "maternity leave" (it's in quotes because I've been working part-time all month and full-time this week, just mostly remotely). This week was also Paul's first business trip since Scarlett was born. It went okay except that the first night he was gone, Scarlett did not want to go to sleep, which is fairly unusual for her. I started trying to get her down at 8 PM but she didn't fall asleep until 10:45 (then woke up at 11:10). In any event, being a single parent is not much fun -- late nights and early mornings and just an overall hectic feeling. I was also stressed out about getting to daycare to pick her up on time. It just didn't feel good not to have a back up plan in case I hit traffic or something. Everything worked out okay, but I definitely don't look forward to business trips for either of us!

This weekend we planned to get a lot done before I returned to work. We wanted to go see Flossy (Scarlett's great grandmother or "g-g"), Bonnie, and get my office ready for my return to work. Mother nature had other plans -- we got our third big snow storm since Scarlett was born. As a result, we've been stuck inside all weekend. Maybe next weekend, although they are calling for snow again. The upside is that Scarlett and I both have a cold so this gives us a chance to shake it. She has been very good despite the cold. She is still very happy, just not eating quite as much and sleeping a little more. Tylenol is a wonder drug! I still haven't taken anything since I'm still pumping but Scarlett had a low grade fever, prompting us to give her a small dose. She definitely slept better and her fever dropped immediately.

Keep your fingers crossed for decent weather for us next weekend! Scarlett hasn't seen Flossy since she was 2 weeks old!

1 comment:

  1. Is Paul back yet? I have to give props to all the single moms out there. Yeah, I don't know how they can do it, unless they had lots of family support. I hope you and Scarlett got lots of mommy and me time (well, isn't that everyday, pretty much? :) while daddy was away. I'm sure he missed her lots! I also hope you both get over the colds... who gave it to whom?

    ReplyDelete