Saturday, February 6, 2010

week 13: Snowed in... again!


We have decided that Scarlett is our little snow angel because ever since she was born, DC has been getting record breaking snow falls! This one has topped them all and it is still coming down... So again, we're going to be stuck in the house for a few days. It isn't too bad because it gives us time to clean up, hang out, and get some exercise (i.e., shoveling) in. The down side is that our errands and visiting (sorry, Flossy!) doesn't happen. Scarlett will hit the 3 month mark on Monday and she is about 24 inches long and just about 11 pounds (11 lbs 4 ounces this morning). The snow is probably also about 24 inches tall right now!

I officially went back to work on Monday. I have mixed feelings about it, but overall, I know it is the best thing for all of us. I love getting out of the house and having adult interaction. My ability to form sentences is coming back slowly and even a little bit of my vocabulary, although I still have to pause to think of the word I want to say sometimes. I find that I really am happiest when I'm being challenged at work and learning new things. I'm already pretty busy there again and getting to work with some people I haven't worked with in a while so I'm having fun. The days go by very quickly though. They are busy with work, punctuated by pumping and thinking about Scarlett. I do fine during the day but get pretty anxious to see her by the afternoon. I know that she really likes daycare though and I think she learns a lot from the other kids there. Maybe both of our minds are better exercised when I am at work!

Other than the snow, things went pretty smoothly this week. I forgot my pump parts one day so I ended up going 10 hours without pumping until Paul delivered them to me. It was really painful and I'm in constant fear of what little supply I have disappearing. So far I think going back to work has only affected it a little bit though, so I'm optimistic that I can keep it up for a while longer. I really want to make it to at least six months. I always wanted to shoot for a year, but the whole supply thing has taught me that sometimes your body and your mind don't share the same plans.

1 comment:

  1. funny how plans for breastfeeding just seem to change... But you've done so well this far! Wow, that snow looks so pretty! Are you working from home and getting to spend some time with Scarlett?

    ReplyDelete