Sunday, January 10, 2010

Week 9: Two months old and sleeping through the night?!

Scarlett hit the two month mark on Friday! She had some big landmarks this week. The biggest was that she started daycare. We started paying on January 4th so she went in for 1/2 days on the 5th and 7th. Cheryl was in town to distract me while she was gone, so it was much easier than I feared it would be. The whole night before I got teary every time I thought about dropping my little girl off at someone else's house, but once I got there, she was asleep and I remember why we selected Betsie in the first place. She is friendly and warm and I felt very at ease with her. Her home is beautiful and in a great neighborhood only .7 miles from our house. She was great with me and didn't seem at all annoyed by the new mom nerves. She sent me a text message to let me know when she was up and eating and when we picked her up, another little girl (about 2 years old), Claire, was running around happily saying "Bye, Bye, Baby!" to Scarlett. I have no doubt that she is in the best situation we could find for her.

With my time away from her, Cheryl and I went to the gym each day, got our nails done, and went to lunch Tuesday and high tea at the Ritz on Thursday. With all of that pampering, I only obsessed about Scarlett a few times per minute rather than constantly. :)

Scarlett has been continuing to do well on her routine. She doesn't always want to go down for her naps during the day, but she is really pretty easy at night. She loves baths and stories and those two events really prime her for bed. She is a lot of fun now... She smiles and coos and does a lot of kicking and punching. She tries to imitate us now too (opening her mouth after we do and is starting to try to use her hands). She keeps getting bigger too! By our scale, she hit the 10 pound mark today (January 10th). She goes in for her 2 month well visit tomorrow, so we will see what the official weigh in is.

It is fun to watch Scarlett figure out her world. She seems to be taking more notice of Paul and I and who we are. She starts looking around when she hears Paul's voice and smiles a lot when we pick her up out of her crib. She also seems to understand her routine a bit more now. She starts to settle down when I read her "Goodnight Moon" (I read it every night after her other story, right before bed) and starts to wake up right before her feeding times.

Scarlett hit one other very important landmark this week... she slept straight through from 8 pm to 6 am last night!! Technically, on our schedule 7 am would be sleeping through the night, but we think 6 is pretty darn good for a 2 month old.

No comments:

Post a Comment