Sunday, September 20, 2009

September 20: Week 33

It was a fairly productive week in the world of baby preparations! We got the car seat installed in my car (it's pretty trippy to look back and have a car seat in the car though!) and are set up for cord blood banking. Paul has been hard at work on the house -- the closets came in and he and Dave worked this weekend on getting them installed. They also replaced some light fixtures and fixed the wiring upstairs. Paul is still working on sanding the finish off of the stairs and a lot of little odd jobs. Next on the list is more dejunking and organizing. Seems like we never run out of things to do! Our diaper bags are packed though and we're getting closer to being ready for her!

We had our checkup on Thursday with Dr. Crowther. Everything looks good. She had just woken up when Dr. Crowther came in to check her heart rate. She was around 160 bpm and Dr. Crowther was laughing at how active she was. I'm still doing really well. I don't really have any new syptoms. I've been working a lot so I'm usually pretty tired and I find that I have a harder time getting up and down and my feet hurt if I'm standing for a long time, but I won't complain! If you keep up with Jacy's blog (www.jacysbabyblog.blogspot.com), you know that the third trimester has been harder on her than on me! I've gained 30 pounds, which is a little ahead of where I'd like to be, but I should still be pretty close to the recommended range by the end (maybe over by 2 pounds).

In other news, I got the official word this week that I was promoted! I'm thankful that my company promoted me even though it will be just in time for me to go on maternity leave for 2 or 3 months. The extra money will definitely help with daycare expenses!

Paul hasn't been writing on the blog much because he has been really busy with work (end of the fiscal year) and house stuff. As we speak, he is upstairs working on one of the closets. I've got another workshop this week (Thursday-Sunday), so Paul will have another weekend with me out of the way to slave away on the house. The goal for next weekend is to get rid of the storage shed (one fewer monthly expense!). Hopefully he will get a chance to write again soon. Maybe after this week's childbirth class where we get to see the glory of the video!

1 comment:

  1. wow... your pregnancy widget thing at the bottom of the page says you're due in 48 days!!! OMG!!!!

    where are your belly pics, my dear? you can't wait until our next meeting to take new ones!! :)

    ReplyDelete