Sunday, September 27, 2009

The house is getting there!

Well you wouldn't know it by looking at the house (or by the length of my honey-do list), but things are coming together. I'd show you pictures, but if you reread sentence #1... its not quite picture worthy just yet.
-Wood stairs are in, but I had to sand off the stain before I apply the poly (stairs didn't need stain- oops.)
-Both closets are in, but I have one final piece to install (molding), and reattach my closet door. Guess what happens when you take all of the crap previously piled in 2 closets and let it loose throughout the house... :)
-Upstairs is now hardwood, but still needs finishing touches. Looks great though! In the words of Shonna, "its shiny"


Soooooo we now have a bunch of extra stuff lying around (the closet "stuff" mentioned earlier, lots of baby items, and... oh yea, did I mention that I emptied our storage facility and dumped the contents in the basement?) In order to get rid of or store this stuff, I will need to clean out the sh... stuff under the stairs, in the laundry room, in the guest room, and in the shed. Anyone want some extra stuff?

On another subject, I've had "baby dreams" on consecutive nights. Odd because these are basically the first 2 I've had. Friday night I dreampt we were in the hospital room while Shonna was in labor. The challenge was that we had to make the hospital bed, assemble the monitors and contraptions, and basicall get the room "delivery ready" as seen through my eyes at the time. I'm sure you can only imagie. It was eerily similar to my assembly of the baby swing earlier that night...
In addition, it was a Sunday, and not one of Shonna's Drs was available. Instead, the lady who runs the baby class we attend on Tuesdays was going to deliver the baby. Shonna loves her :)

My 2nd dream wasn't as weird, but definitely not normal. Our baby girl was crawling around, and it was just the two of us. Shonna was at work or something and I was playing mr. mom (or some role that loosely resembled mr mom). I can't remember all of the details, but I do recall her crawling down the hallway of our apartment (yes I know we don't live in an apt:)

Anyway, thats my blog for now. I'll be in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment