Monday, July 27, 2009

July 27th, 2009: 25 weeks


I'm a little late posting this week, but it is because big things have been going on! I was at an assessment center in Baltimore last week, followed by a trip to Savannah for Jacy's ultrasound, a trip to Apex, NC for a baby shower, and I'm now at Ft. Bragg for a data collection (plus I got to see Nicole). We also met up with Danny and Beth (cousins) for dinner, which was great. Beth has 2 girls already and Danny is having his first in September. It's funny to catch up now that we're all parents (or almost, anyway).

The biggest event of all... Jacy is having a BOY!!! I guess he will have lots of options for a prom date! Jacy is the first of our group to have a boy. We spent some of the weekend reading through baby name books and buying him his first outfits. Pee pee teepees here we come!

It was great to see Jacy and her adorable pregger belly. We'll post some pictures soon. It was also nice to waddle around with a fellow pregger all weekend and share symptoms. Plus, we are both peeing really frequently but it feels more normal if someone else is on the same schedule! Jacy gave me an early (non)shower gift... a pregger spa day! It was fabulous. We went to a really nice spa in Savannah and had pedicures, facials, and massages. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday. We also went walking around a lake and along the beach and through their neighborhood. All-in-all, a very relaxing weekend!

This is my last week of the second trimester! It has gone by really quickly. I'm starting to get a lot more tired again, but I managed to make it through today without a nap, so who knows. Hopefully by the time baby and I get back to Arlington, Paul will have finished painting her room and the wood for the floors will be in. We're heading to Seattle to see Nonni and Grumps (aka my parents) on Thursday, so we're running out of weekends before the little one arrives!

Paul here- Did Jacy grow 6 inches taller during pregnancy, or did Shonna shrink? Just kidding. I heard that Jacy was "lifting" for that picture :)

Well, the room is basically painted. Stripes are in, but due to some stray paint and torn tape, some touch-up is in order. Oh yes, apparently I have to reduce the size of one of the darker stripes. All stripes are 8 inches wide except for a 9.5 inch gap between the wall and a large window. I figured painting the whole thing dark as opposed to 8" dark and 1.5" white would be easier (even Shonna agreed and gave the idea her blessing:). Well that lasted about as long it took the paint to dry... if that! So its back to the ol measure-level-laser-tape-paint technique. As you know, no matter what, women are usually right... but pregnant women are ALWAYS right :)

Concerning the baby room, I better pick up the pace. Still need to take carpet out, and install hardwood (not to mention fix up the closet and bathroom). In the meantime, our first floor office is being overrun by baby gifts. It is an issue with space, but not a bad problem to have when you are receiving gifts (sorry no smiley face added here. I have a limit of 3 max per post.)


2 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm so happy I got to see you! It was a really nice weekend and I had an awesome time! We miss you and "Johanna" already!

    Time will fly by! I still can't believe you're about to be in your 3rd trimester. It seems like only a couple months ago we were at the Charleston Food and Wine fest, partaking only in the food! haha

    I will send some of the photos I took to you this week! Gotta update my blog too! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! You girls look great;keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete