Sunday, March 14, 2010

Week 18: Baby's first bridal shower

Scarlett went to her very first bridal shower today! Auntie Corinne is getting married in May so we headed out to Accokeek to the bridal shower. The timing was such that we had to wake Scarlett up from her nap to get in the car, which seemed to confuse her. For once she didn't go to sleep in her car seat (after all, we woke her up, so it must be time to be awake) so she got very little nap. There were lots of little kids there so Scarlett was pretty excited until she hit a little wall. She actually got a little bit cranky and even fell asleep in my arms in the middle of all of it for 10 or 15 minutes. She must have been really tired to miss out on the action! It was a lot of fun and wonderful to see so many old friends and wish Corinne well in her upcoming marriage but by the time we got home, Scarlett and I were both pretty tired! We each took a nap for about an hour and a half!

This weekend, Scarlett continued her trend of sleeping in a little on Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday she slept until about 8:45 am as opposed to her usual 7 or 7:30. Today she slept until 9:25! Well, it would have been 9:25 if it weren't for daylight savings time (which the whole family forgot about!), so it was really 10:25! Needless to say, she has been a little off all day because of it and didn't really go to sleep until midnight tonight. Keep your fingers crossed for us tomorrow!

Scarlett has really been putting on a lot of weight. She has filled out a lot in the past few weeks and is over 13 1/2 pounds now. She has taken to sticking her tongue out all of the time again but "flying" and bouncing in her jumperoo are really her favorite activities. She has a few little issues that we need to ask the doctor about on Friday during her 4 month well visit... She has gotten a few little bumps under her right eye and she seems to favor her right leg over her left, especially when she bounces. It could just be because she leans to one side, but we want to make sure she is okay.

In other news, my mom (Nonni) is going to be coming out here for a visit April 13-17th! We are very excited that she will get to see Scarlett again. Paul and I may go on our first date since the last time my mom was here in early December!

This week begins my two consecutive weeks of working weekends. I don't mind it much, but I know the time away from Scarlett is going to be pretty tough. Trying to cram a whole day worth of bonding into a nighttime routine is pretty difficult. We also have friends coming to stay with us for a few days this week, which will be great, but it also means I won't have much alone time with her at all. It's funny how much those little moments alone with her are worth so much to me. Just the little gazes and interactions back and forth... she is growing so fast and I don't want to miss it! I really enjoy working but sometimes it is hard to get back from a long day and still give her the amount of energy she deserves. Of course it is also hard to give work the amount of energy it deserves! I guess I will feel like I'm doing one of those jobs to the best of my ability in another 18 years or so?? :)

1 comment:

  1. Aw... working all weekend? That sucks. Too bad you can't just bring her with you... carry her around in a baby carrier all day! I know what you mean though... in a way, I really want to be a full time mom, but I know I can't do it (without going crazy)... The ideal would be to work half days all the time!

    ReplyDelete