Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Harvest time!

Ok, so its really "planting time" and its about that time of the year when the tiller gets a workout. I've had at least some semblance of a garden for the last 10+ years. This year is going to be a little more challenging. Shonna and I have decided that we are going to try and make as much of Scarlett's food as possible. I have decided that I'm going to try and grow some of that food including veggies that I have never attempted to grow before (butternut squash and eggplant among others). I have A LOT of work ahead of me... so remember things like this, Scarlett, when you are a teenager and you like totally hate your parents :)

Scarlett is now approaching 5 months, and in 5-6 short weeks she will have her first taste of "solid" food. Yes I realize that the garden stuff won't be ready for months, but its not my fault that the sun doesn't move north fast enough...

I can't believe its almost been 5 months already. People have constantly said that time goes by in a flash, but 5 months ago it didn't seem like it would. Well... it was just yesterday that Scarlett was 7lbs and sleeping with me on the couch, so now I understand. She also giggles daily, constantly attempts to do crunches, appears to be a righty, and is learning the mechanics of crawling and standing. I assume she will crawl first, but she puts much more effort into standing. We will keep you posted.

Scarlett has gone through a few changes lately, which means we have had to make some adjustments in our habits. In addition to the list above, she is learning to move and has the power to make it happen QUICKLY. She has always "piked" and rolled, but has recently added the jerking "arch", so she is well on her way to swimming the butterfly or becoming a mermaid. We can no longer leave her unattended on the couch because she could easily fly off. We have to grip her much tighter when we hold her. By the end of the week, we will no longer be able to place her tub across the kitchen sink when bathing her. We will be moving the baby tub into the adult tub from here on out.

I can't believe the time, so thats it for now. I still have to add details on how Scarlett got us sick.

Next up- The First Easter, then 5 months

1 comment:

  1. Cool! That's awesome that you guys are going to grow your own baby food! Has Scarlett started on rice cereal yet?

    I've heard of babies who totally skip the crawling part and just start walking. Who knows... you may have to start babyproofing the house sooner than you think!

    ReplyDelete