Tuesday, November 3, 2009

39 Week Checkup - Down to the wire!

I'm doing a mid-week post because we had our doctor's appointment today. We met with Dr. Crowther. We originally thought I'd have a cervical exam done today, but she said that since I hadn't had any contractions, I didn't need it since it wouldn't really tell us anything about when I'd go into labor. My blood pressure and weight were good (no change). Her heart rate was 146 and the doctor said that she's in position. Her head is pretty far down into my pelvis and the doctor said that she is a good size - not too big! She thinks I have a 90% chance of having a normal vaginal birth. Good news all around!

The big thing was that she wanted us to go ahead and schedule our induction just in case. They try not to go much past 10 days over the due date and wanted to schedule now so that we could try to get an appointment when someone from our practice is on call. So... we're scheduled to be induced on November 17th at 8 PM. I'm hoping that we don't have to wait that long (I'm aiming for the 10th!). If we do get induced on the 17th at 8, Dr. Masel will be on call and the baby would likely be born on Nicole's birthday.

One other thing was that we'd been told during our second sonogram that our new due date was November 11th. Today we learned that the due date based on the first sonogram is actually a better estimate -- November 8th. We're already 3 days farther along than we thought we were!


2 comments:

  1. ok... c'mon little Johanna! Nov 17 seems pretty late. I think she will come before then. No inducing! :)

    Hey I got my cradle. I tell ya, I think it is magic. There is still a bit of groin pain, but it helped a lot. does it work in bed? i mean... while sleeping? haha I still woke up with bad pain in the morning, though. But it defintely helps with walking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ew you said vaginer.

    Keegles until Saturday, then go for it.

    ReplyDelete