Monday, July 5, 2010

First 4th of July and FIRST TOOTH!


Just a relatively quick update since big things have been happening here! First, Scarlett cut her first tooth on Saturday! She had a fever on Wednesday night so I guess that is what it was. In general she has been fine, although it has been taking he longer to fall asleep lately. Saturday night we took her to crabs for the first time with our friends Matt, Amanda, Jackie, and Pat and their two kids. On the way home, she was really fussy -- way worse than she normally is and there didn't seem to be much I could do to calm her down. Then I let her gnaw on my finger like I normally do but I felt a razor sharp tooth!! It has broken through the skin, but not very far. It's her bottom left tooth. It is crazy because I sear it wasn't there on Saturday morning and given everything we've heard about people not sleeping when their baby is cutting a tooth, I just can't believe we didn't have more of a heads up! She also had some crab and seemed to love it, except for the little bit of crab seasoning that got in her mouth once. On Sunday Jacy, Joel, and Liam came over for their first 4th. We put them in coordinating outfits and headed to Joel's aunt's penthouse condo in Pentagon city to watch the fireworks. The view was amazing! The only problem was that we couldn't get back on the metro at Rosslyn with the strollers (PACKED metro cars!) so we had to walk the 4 miles back home up hill at around midnight. We had two VERY tired babies! Liam slept most of the way back but little party animal Scarlett wanted nothing of that.

The funniest thing is that we found out last night that Liam is also cutting his first tooth (bottom right!)! What are the chances of that?! In any case, both of them have had their fingers in their mouths all day long!

Today we went to Old Town for a photo shoot! Jacy arranged for a friend from high school who now has a photography business to do a combined family shoot since we have been wanting to get pictures of the kids together. They said the pictures should be ready in 3-4 weeks, so stay tuned!


1 comment:

  1. I love that water bottle pic! So friggin CUTE!!! It was so fun to watch our babies play and interact together. I have a TON of photos of Scarlett on my camera card... I have some great ones of her eyes. I will upload those soon. Thanks again for having us... can't wait to do it again soon... we will be dealing with little walking people!! eek!

    ReplyDelete