Saturday, May 16, 2009

May 15th, 2009 - The "four month" check up

We had our"four month" chec kup on May 15th. We were actually just under 15 weeks, but our appointments are a little head of schedule. It was the first doctor's appointment that Paul had to miss. He started his new job (Ezenia!) on Monday and had meetings starting less than an hour after our appointment was scheduled to begin, so he had to head to work while I went to the doctor.

I had my monthly weigh in and had gained 0.4 pounds - surprising since I was sure it was going to be at least 3 or 4! I saw Dr. Crowther again this time. There was quite a wait because one of the other doctors was out sick and she had to cover both sets of patients. She was very sweet, as usual, but clearly rushed, so the appointment was pretty short.

She reported the results of my blood test, saying that I am A- and will have to have another blood test at 28 weeks and get an injection in case the baby is rh positive. I knew I was rh negative, but my entire life I'd been told I was O (rather than A) negative. Very odd! I got to hear the heart beat again (156 bpm) and we got the order for our next sonogram. I told her that we wanted the 3D sonogram, so well be heading back to Fairfax to go to Washington Radiology. The sonogram is scheduled for June 18th (just a few days before Father's day!) when well get to fnd out the sex!

Paul's input: I've always said "it doesn't matter if its a boy or girl", but the more crap I see on TV and the more "sexting" news I read, a boy seems much easier! I just heard a story of a 12 year old girl sending a "friend who is a boy" pictures of her in her underwear... and the father found out. I don't know how I would handle that. I still don't care what it is, I just realize one will most likely be a little more mentally stressful than the other...

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS on the new job Paul!! And that EXACTLY the reason I want a boy. Girls are scary!!!

    Can't wait to see the sonogram!!! woohoo! I can't believe you are already 4 months!!!

    ReplyDelete