Friday, March 18, 2011

Home alone with daddy

Scarlett and I survived the flight and made it home in one piece. On the way home I had to find some food, so we drove through a KFC (I haven't eaten there in over a year but its close to home and Scarlett likes chicken). We got home, ate, and at 1030-11 I tried to put her down (still early for west coast time). She went down fairly easily after a good puke... I guess KFC, or perhaps the quantity of KFC was a bad idea.

The week went extremely well. So well in fact that when Shonna returned, Scarlett actually favored me at times :). Anyway, things were fairly uneventful. We went to the park a couple of times after daycare, I played volleyball one night so I called our neighbor to babysit for a couple of hours, and that's about it. Oh yes. There was one other issue. On Thursday I dropped her off at daycare and apparently she was violently puking. So much so that our daycare called me and thought I should take her to the doctors. I then remembered that as we were heading to the car I let her walk as I carried my work stuff. She likes to run around the yard, and occasionally grabs walnuts to either throw or cradle like a stuffed animal. I turned to pick her up and she had a cigarette butt in her hands. I didn't think much about it at the time, but she obviously ate tobacco. I retrieved the butt later in the day and realized that my initial assessment was highly probable. Good news- she was fine after the initial heave and stayed at daycare. Unfortunately the our daycare provider didn't really feed her too much after Scarlett puked all over her earlier in the day, so she WAS STARVING when we returned home. I've never seen her so hungry and frantic. I thought I was looking in the mirror! Just like daddy.

Well that was our week. If it wasn't for Scarlett's first smoke, the week would have been boring to write. Remember that Scarlett!!! You don't like tobacco!

She did add to her vocabulary, but mostly Scarlett speak.

1 comment:

  1. No, the wind was blowing like 40mph so it could have come from anywhere

    ReplyDelete