Tuesday, October 20, 2009

October 18, 2009: Week 37



Only 3 weeks to go! We had our sonogram on Friday and they said that she is estimated at 6 lbs 12 oz (plus or minus a pound). That puts her in the 59th percentile, which isn't nearly as bad as I'd feared! The top picture is of her feet (in my ribs) and the bottom picture is her face, although it is pretty smushed.

Today (October 20th) was our 2 year anniversary! Paul made lobster and had roses waiting for me when I got home. Jacy, Joel, & Liam sent georgetown cupcakes (oh so good - thanks guys!) and I had already picked up gelato from Boccato, so we had a feast! Paul also scheduled another massage for me for tomorrow. It is much appreciated because my back is starting to bother me a lot these days. He tries to rub my back for me, but there is nothing like going into a professional with a massage table! All-in-all, it was a lovely anniversary and I'm very happy that we made that decision two years ago! The other thing was that I had 1/4 glass of wine! It was enough to feel like an anniversary but I couldn't do a whole glass with her still getting some of it. Besides, after not drinking for that long I probably would have been drunk!

We had our 37 week check up this week, but there really wasn't much to report. Her heart beat sounds good, my weight didn't change since last week (we'll see what happens next week after all of the gelato and cupcakes!), and my strep culture came back negative. I dropped off my FMLA paperwork and short-term disability forms, but it was a very short appointment in general. We meet with Dr. Born on Monday for our 38 week check up. Next week we also interview pediatricians on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I only have a few more weeks of work (last day in the office on Nov 6th) so it definitely feels like the end is near!

1 comment:

  1. Lobster, GT Cupcakes and Boccato gelato AND a massage??? Sounds like heaven to me!! heehee Happy 2nd!

    Funny you have a Doc named Dr. Born! Damn, 38 weeks... She will be here in no time! Eeep!

    ReplyDelete